The Street Division is led by Juan Hernandez (Recreation and Community Services Superintendent) and is responsible for the maintenance and repairs of streets, alleys, sanitary sewers, storm drains, sidewalks, curbs and gutters. The division maintains 125 miles of dedicated roadways and approximately 165 miles of sewer and storm drains.
Street Division responsibilities include:
- Alley cleaning and weed abatement
- Asphalt Maintenance - roadway repairs and patching of potholes
- Tree Maintenance - is responsible for planting, trimming, and overall care of City trees
- Sidewalk Maintenance - repair and maintenance of sidewalks, curbs, and gutters
- Storm Drain Maintenance - inspection, cleaning, and maintenance of storm drain systems
- Traffic Markings and Signage - maintenance of roadway markings and street striping
- Administers and supervises the performance of special contracts (street sweeping, solid waste/ recycling programs (trash) for both residential and commercial)
The Street Division does not maintain street lights. If there is a problem regarding a street light, please call Southern California Edison at (800) 990-7788.
24- Hours Graffiti Hotline - Nationwide Environmental Services (877) 444-6044 Monday through Saturday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Please leave your name, address, and phone number with area code as well as a detailed description of where the graffiti is located (ex: curb, sidewalk, wall, etc.)
Most incidents concerning graffiti removal may be abated within 24-48 hours.
For Residental Trash Services or Special Trash (Bulky items) pick-up, please contact Athens Services at (888) 336-6100. Athens Trash Schedule.
Contact Code Enforcement Divison to report street sweeping complaints at (323) 887-1200 ext. 399, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Or contact Nationwide Environmental Services at (562) 860-0604.
Street Division Contact Information:
1600 West Beverly Blvd.
Montebello, CA 90640
(323) 887- 1460
Monday – Thursday
7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.